Safe Ride News Publications
Dedicated to saving lives of children in and around motor vehicles
The goal of Safe Ride News Publications is to help save lives and prevent injury to children in traffic. We do this by:
- Developing accurate and up-to-date information on child safety for professionals, advocates, and parents
- Advocating for improved standards, laws, and programs related to childhood injury prevention
- Supporting and collaborating with other organizations and agencies working in the field of child passenger safety
- Safe Ride News (bi-monthly newsletter, the most comprehensive independent source of CPS information for health and safety professionals and advocates)
- The LATCH Manual (training and reference manual for certified child passenger safety technicians; all the latest updates for properly using the LATCH system in one easy-to-use resource)
- Child Safety Fact Sheets (a series of handouts for community outreach events, including check-ups, classes, and doctor’s office visits that each focus on a specific topic)
- The School Bus Safety Handbook (handbook which serves as an all-in-one background, reference, and resource guide for school district personnel, CPSTs and special needs transportation specialists)
- CPS presentation CDs, preapproved for CEUs. Topics include LATCH and CPS on school buses.
- Safe Ride News –Archive (1981-2010) on CD (archive collection of Safe Ride News newsletters and indexes;an invaluable resource for research and teaching)
Safe Ride News Publications is a small, independent company supported almost completely by subscriptions and sales. In order to maintain our independence, no funds are accepted from manufacturers or retailers. Mention of specific products in the newsletter or related materials, such as Fact Sheets, does not imply endorsement by Safe Ride News Publications. The newsletter and other materials are all reviewed by highly qualified technical and program experts before publication.
This website is a compilation of articles and background materials, some prepared especially for it and available nowhere else. It is not intended to be a comprehensive child passenger safety “how-to” website. You will find links to several of those in the Resources section.
Safe Ride News is a U.S. Company:
Safe Ride News Publications is the exclusive publisher and sole source provider for The LATCH Manual, Using Lower Anchors and Tethers for Child Restraints (currently in the 2017 edition), the School Bus Safety Handbook, and SRN Fact Sheets. These products are created and printed in the U.S.A.
Safe Ride News Publications Staff:
Publisher and Editor: Denise Donaldson, CPST-I
Editor Emerita: Deborah Davis Stewart
Chief Operating Officer: Nancy Beaumont
Database and Fulfillment: Steve and Sally
Website Management: Katrina Rose, CPST
To contact us:
Tel: 800-403-1424 or 425-640-5710 Fax: 425-640-5417
Safe Ride News Publications
P.O. Box 38
Edmonds, WA 98020-0038