Safe Ride News
Keeping you up-to-date
Staying up to date is a necessity for all of us in child passenger safety. Safe Ride News provides you with the latest information about safety for children in personal vehicles, school buses, and aircraft. It covers what YOU need to know about:
• New child restraint models you’ll find at checkup events
• Technology in new vehicles
• What changes in government standards mean for
caregivers—and for you
• Effective program ideas and new resource materials
to improve your programs
Published bimonthly, Safe Ride News is the most comprehensive independent source of CPS information for health and safety professionals and advocates.
Safe Ride News–Archive (1981-2010) on CD
Own a piece of history and a vital resource! What was happening in child passenger safety in 1981,1986, 1990? See how far we have come. This archive of Safe Ride News (searchable PDFs) chronicles the routes taken, bridges crossed, main roads breezed along, and back roads with (the many) potholes along the way. The archive collection of is an invaluable resource for research and teaching.
On this CD:
• Read This First: Introduction, search options
• Contents of SRN Archive (all editions and indexes)
• Indexes (starting with 2000)
• Archive 1981–2010, Safe Ride News, organized by year
How current are your handouts?
Safe Ride News Fact Sheets are perfect for community outreach events, including check-ups, classes, and doctor’s office visits. Each sheet focuses on a specific topic and most are available in Spanish, too. All sheets are reviewed and updated annually to reflect current best practices.
Two formats are available:
1) Pads of 100 sheets on one topic
2) PDFs on CD for you to use to print your own.
2013 LATCH Manual
Essential guide to CR installation
The 2013 LATCH Manual has all the latest updates for properly using the LATCH system in one easy-to-use resource.
Highlights of the 8th edition:
• Unprecedented participation by vehicle and CR manufacturers.
• Vehicle listings that include five new brands.
• Vastly revised anchor weight limits.
• CR manufacturer entries that include details on lower attachment strap routing and CR model weights.
• A new quick reference list that cross-references vehicle and CR manufacturers that allow the inner bars of outboard LATCH systems to be used for center installations.
• The chapters that cover general information are completely revised and updated.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for recertification credit are available.
The School Bus Safety Handbook
Choosing and using child safety restraint systems
This user-friendly handbook serves as an all-in-one background, reference, and resource guide for school district personnel, CPSTs and special needs transportation specialists.
It includes considerations for selecting safety restraints for use in different types of school buses, installation details, and current product information.
It is geared to support the NHTSA training course: Child Passenger Safety Restraint Systems on School Buses.
The School Bus Challenge
School bus–CPS awareness presentation CD
This is a PowerPoint® presentation, for CPST/CPST-I audiences, on CPS information for meeting the challenges of using child safety restraint systems on school buses. The CD includes all a CPST needs to present this topic.
▪Selection, installation, and use of CRs.
▪CRs for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and
children with special needs
▪Differences between school buses and
▪Value of CPST involvement in school and
Hooked on LATCH
CPST update presentations
Looking for a LATCH presentation for a conference or CPST update meeting? These two LATCH PowerPoint®
presentations improve the understanding of LATCH and provide CEUs.
•LATCH—Basics Through Photos
•LATCH Today—Recent Developments
•Two versions of each: Short: 60 minutes
(1 CEU); Long: 90 minutes (1.5 CEUs).
Note: Some publications are available at group or bulk rates.
For more information and customized pricing please click here.
Order Safe Ride News Publications' products using the Catalog (PDF).